Monday, February 18, 2008

Back in the USA

Unbelieveable!!! I am a back in America. "I" is Dennis.

Less than a month back on the field, I get notification from Immigration that my appointment for fingerprints and the FBI is set for 19 February. So, through several days of scurrying around, email, telephone conversations with the Legal Department of the IMB (for which I a thankful), I arrived in Shreveport at noon on Sunday.

I will travel to Dallas on Tuesday morning and hopefully receive notification on Friday or next Monday for a Test and Oath ceremony appointment in a couple of days. After that, comes expedited service for a US Passport. I am here through 5 March which hopefully is a large enough window to get everything accomplished. The IMB has been in contact with my Representative's office and Immigration trying to get everything expedited.

I would ask you to pray for Jody as she is by herself with all the children in Mmabatho.
Pray for this process that it would be quicker than we are expecting and I can get home sooner than planned. It would cost me to change my ticket, but it would be worth it to get back sooner. It's not as fun to be here by yourself without your family.

I do praise the Lord that we found a ticket that was as cheap as any ticket I found online and that I purchased 24 hours before my trip. It was a non-stop trip from Jo-burg to Atlanta to Shreveport - about 25 hours. It was incomparable to our 35 hour trip a month ago through Frankfurt.

I will keep you posted to my progress. Again, thanks for all your prayers.

No comments: