Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Things Caleb Says!



Caleb has always been one to say what he thinks. We thought that Andy had a strong will. But we soon found out that Andy did not have anything on Caleb. There was one time at the table that he had one bite of mashed-potatoes to eat. He wouldn’t eat it. He said he was tired, so I told him that he could go to his bed, take a nap, but after he woke up, his fork full of mashed-potatoes would be waiting for him. The table was cleared off, the dishes washed, and the table wiped – except for the fork at Caleb’s seat. As I was finishing up in the kitchen, Bethany comes along, climbs up the chair, onto the table and proceeds to eat the last bite of potato. Unbeknownst to her, she had come to the rescue of her brother.
I pick Caleb up from school and I try to have a little conversation about what he has learned. After he told me one day, I asked him how he got to be so smart. He replied, “I thinked and I thinked and …. here I am.”
The boys were watching TV and it was something that Caleb did not want to watch. He started crying and said, “They don’t care about me – they just look at me like that Samaritan.”
He was trying to explain to Jody how big God is. He said, “Our house is as big as God’s little toe,” then he interrupted himself and said, “No, when God eats breakfast, his crumb is as big as our house!”
Jody was saying to Caleb how big he was getting – with a sad-voice inflection. Caleb responded, “That’s how we get big, we just grow into numbers!”


The pictures of from the first day of school and in his class.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The boys sure are getting big! I almost didn't recognize Caleb! Tell everyone hello for us! We miss you!