Sunday, January 14, 2007

Just another Sunday in Mmabatho.

I had the opportunity to preach at 2 different locations today. My first preaching station was just down the road from our house at Calvary Baptist Church.

I preached from Luke chapter 9 where Jesus talks about commitment and being his disciple. This is the church where we attend if I am not preaching anywhere on Sunday. It is also walking distant for Jody and the kids if I am away.

My second opportunity was right after the first. I preached the 11:00 service at Calvary and then I went to Christ the Lord Ministries church and preached from Acts chapter 2. I showed them in the last seven verses of the chapter five characteristics of a growing church. Their preacher, Million Mardenzegwa, has become a great friend. I see him at least once a week, if not more. He asked me on Thursday if I wanted to preach. I told him that I was already at Calvary. He said it didn’t matter – they would wait for me. I got there about 12:20 and they sang for about another 10 minutes. I got into the pulpit and finished by 1:30. Andy was with me and he took the pictures today. When I got home I was able to watch the Colts-Ravens game that was played yesterday afternoon. It was almost like a normal Sunday – Sunday school, preaching, lunch, watch a football game, take a nap – unfortunately I missed out on the nap. Oh well, God is good!!!

The rest of the pictures are just extras – good extras.









No comments: