Sunday, September 24, 2006

Happy Birthday, Bethany









Well, it is hard to believe that 2 years ago we were in the Gaborone Private Hospital welcoming this little angel into the world. (Yeah, I know, she is not a real angel – wings, harp, sitting on clouds, etc.) What an incredible joy she is. I have to say that I am completely surprised by how the boys have reacted to her. They love her and she has them all wrapped around her little finger. Caleb, who is not known for his outward displays of affection, literally drools all over her. He says, ‘My love,” “Sweetheart,” “You are so cute!!” – It is almost sappy if it wasn’t so cute. Andy plays a lot with her in her room with her new kitchen and dishes. Josiah wants to play with her but just ends up bothering her.


She has learned to say “birthday” and that she is “two.” Her vocabulary is expanding every day! She is putting together sentences and making us laugh all the time. As I am typing this, she just put a naked baby doll in my lap for me to hold.


Thank you God for entrusting us with this special gift.

No comments: