Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Josiah’s Soccer




One of the benefits of Josiah’s school is all the activities that he is involved with. In the year and a half that he has attended, he has played field hockey, cricket, soccer, swimming, and is taking piano lessons. He did play tennis for a little while, but we would have to pay for lessons if you wanted to continue. He came home saying that golf lessons were being offered twice a week from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. We had to turn him down. He already stays after school for these activities 4 out of the 5 school day.
These pictures are from his soccer game today. They played another area school and lost the match 2-0. He did a great job and is becoming quite the athlete. He had an unofficial race with Andy (running home from church) and he won. He likes being faster than Andy. I knew it would just be a matter of time.
Josiah continues to enjoy school and to be with his friends. He’s had some friends over to the house the last 2 Friday’s after school. He is still a very low maintenance child. It’s hard to believe that he is in the third grade. I think my favorite quote about him – it relates to his loving personality – is when Caleb was just a baby and Jody said, “Josiah! Don’t lick the baby!”

To see more of his school, go to www.issa.co.za .

19 comments:

Lily said...

Don't be fooled by low maintenance, loving children. They can grow into sullen, sensitive teenagers who feel the world owes them something if they are overlooked while growing up simply because it was so easy to do so due to the high-maintenance challenges that brothers and sisters presented. In actuality, they may require more maintenance than you realize.

J also played soccer. He was good at it.

IncaRunner_6 said...

In South Africa when you play soccer does the ball always roll south?

IncaRunner_6 said...

That's because we let you so that your self esteem would not be damaged. Because of love.

DLJ said...

Glad to see that my brothers are communicating! Now, if I can get my sister in on the conversation - I am sure she'll have at least 2 cents.

Anonymous said...

Well, everyone has their own opinion on what low maintenance means, just like everyone has their own opinion on what fast means.

IncaRunner_6 said...

gimp? I think not. I don't ever remember you running. Maybe because you were always in my dust.

IncaRunner_6 said...

You the "Chosen One", yea, chosen last maybe if at all. Why should I be like you when I was here first. I don't need to look in the mirror because I allways look great, I guess you are talking from personal experiance.

IncaRunner_6 said...

What??? You need professional help. Car fall on your head maybe? I think that Mmabatho Janz can lay hands on you, maybe you are not that far gone, be saved brother and healed.

Anonymous said...

So who was the better hockey player?

IncaRunner_6 said...

There is no doubt, I was of course.

Anonymous said...

why would your sister want to get involved with this conversation??? She's too busy riding a hog with the wind in her hair! She doesn't have time for this.

IncaRunner_6 said...

I did not know she could ride a pig, and I did not know that pigs could run that fast.

Anonymous said...

I thought you had two sisters? which one is riding the Hog???

Anonymous said...

what kind off hog?? with for feet or two wheels???

IncaRunner_6 said...

Anonymous you tell me, you are the one that said she was ridding a hog.

Lily said...

Is ridding a hog like shooing it off?

IncaRunner_6 said...

I have never seen a hog with for feet, I have seen them with four feet. Must be a new genetic strain of hogs. Live and learn.

Anonymous said...

Hogrider - be careful of your blanket generalizations and condemnations.

Anonymous said...

How boring would they be if they all acted mature and serious? This is much more fun! Jesus said be as little children.....